N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New Carder for Me

We just returned home from visiting our son in Calgary. We thought it was wet and rainy here, but it was a week of rain of biblical proportions out there. We were fortunate to be staying in the northwest end of town, where there was no flooding. One's heart goes out to those caught in the flooding: it was awful. Yet everyone remained calm and the friendlines of the city remained. We did ge
t to Carstairs, to Custom Woolen Mills and met the owners Fen and Gary. My husband is interested in circular sock knitting machines, and Fen was gracious enough to take us into her home to show us the machines that she knits with. We then were introduced to Gary, who is the millwright at the mill and he and my husband had a lovely chat about the mechanized machines that knit the socks for the mill. From there we went north, to Olds and to the Fibre Week Conference. I was finally able to get a used Patrick Green carder there. I couldn't believe my luck. I have a mini louet carder, so with this new carder, I will be able to make larger batts and it works great! We were very happy to return home and see family and our animal family. Enjoy the pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home