N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Was It The Super Moon?

Wow, what a busy day of lambing! It seemed everytime we turned around, someone was in labour or had just given birth. Today we were busy worming the ewes and tagging the lambs that had been born over the past week. They are now outside with the non-pregnant members of the flock. We love watching them play and run around at dusk. Several photos to follow. Today four ewes lambed: three were singles and all ewe lambs and the fourth had twins and they were one of each sex. Lucky I was there when the last two arrived as they both were still in the bag and it was dark, so we wouldn't have s
een them until morning. Enjoy the pics!

3 Comments:

  • Aren't they beautiful! I so miss lambing season!!

    By Blogger Vicki Foster, at 11:21 PM  

  • hi! I was wondering if you had a website where you sold your yarn or if you just do shows? Let me know as I am very interested!!!! Thanks!

    Best,
    Laura
    laura.hopf@gmail.com

    By Blogger laura, at 12:48 PM  

  • Hi Laura, I don't have a website but you can e-mail me at sminty@look.ca if you are interested in any roving. I sell from the house as well as shows. I am going to be at the Twist Fibre Fetival in Quebec in August and at Woodstock this October. Thanks for your interet, Michele

    By Blogger Hopeful Farm, at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home