N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Lambs

I was surprised to find that a couple of my shetland/BFL ewes lambed over the weekend, however pleasantly surprised.  I wasn't expecting any from them for another couple of weeks, but I should know by now that they just don't show how pregnant that they truly are.  My first ewe delivered twin boys.  However another unbred ewe stole one of them and there was no way he was going to go back with his real mom, so I sold him to a nice family who has the time to bottle feed.  The next morning one of my favourite girls delivered a ewe and ram lamb.  All have gulmoget markings like their sire and are healthy and well built.  My shetlands should start coming any time now as well.  I love this time of year.  Enjoy the snaps.

4 Comments:

  • Ah, don't you just hate it when you get a ewe-granny to upset the apple cart!

    By Blogger Soxophone Player, at 6:03 AM  

  • Yes I sure do but at least I was able to find a good home for him

    By Blogger Hopeful Farm, at 4:54 AM  

  • Hey Michele,

    The lamb in the bottom pic looks to be a grey gulmoget / katmoget. If it is a ewe, we should talk as I'd be interested in adding her to my Corlands group, and eventually AIing her to Hornblower as I need double pattern ewes for him.

    We'll talk. BEAUTIFUL lambs.

    What gulmoget ram did you use for breeding?

    By Blogger Bill Stearman, at 4:47 PM  

  • Hi Bill, Sorry to report the little grey guy at the bottom is a bfl shetland cross ram. I used Artemis from Danielle, but I have sold him. The lambs in my next posting are shetlands, Michele

    By Blogger Hopeful Farm, at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home