N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside



Brr.  I am still shivering after my nightly visit to the barn.  The water froze solid a week ago, so the bucket brigade has begun again.  It was so cold yesterday our phone line snapped in the ground.  The tech came today and strung a wire from the house over a tree and then to the box on the lawn.  He said he'll be back in the spring to repair it properly.  We have been totally spoilt by the unusually wam winters of the past few years.  I am hoping that alot of the worms in the field perish and I'll start off the season with cleaner pastures.  The cold has been taking its toll on the sheep as well.  I have been supplementing them this winter with shredded beet pulp with molasses and they just love it.  Most of the lambs have been moved into the barn to stay wam and fatten up for shearing and spring.  My spinning wheel has been humming away as I have had time to spin up some of my rovings and I will have some hanspun yarns for sale at Knitters' Frolic this April.  Enjoy some pics and stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home