N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Saturday, April 24, 2010

More Lambs






Last night I had my first purebred shetland lamb born : a lovely moorit ewe out of my Karen and Bill's Holiday. I had to help as she was wedged in pretty tight, but all worked out in the end and she is beautiful. I'll have photos of her soon. My little romney shetland cross had a snowy white ewe lamb a couple of days ago and she has the furnishings on her legs like a romney and is built very squarely as well. The Gathering in Port Hope, was a much more relaxed affair than last year and was a great start to the show season. Everyone came with their spinning wheels and had a spin in. Gil and I had fun visiting with the other vendors and customers and seeing what new products were available this year.Of course I did a little shopping. I really enjoy seeing what people have made with wool that they had purchaed from me. Barb brought a lovely black sweater that she had spun and knit from my ram, Gallagher. It was nice to see. I am exhausted from work, so I will end with my usual photos and then off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home