N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Avery's Dress




This Christmas, I wanted to knit something for Avery to wear for the holidays, but with my schedule at work and the fact that the pattern I had chosen was way more that I expected, she just received her gift yesterday. I was so thrilled to have it done that I didn't leave a big enough opening for her head. There was a spot that I could open up to give more room, but of course it was the wrong spot, so much re-knitting and modifying of the pattern later, she got her dress. She is a true girl because as soon as I put it on her she started squealing with delight and dancing with much hand clapping. So nice when they like what you give them. Here are some photos of her in her Gansey Dress, by Debbie Bliss. Nice patterns, but overly complex, on purpose I think.

2 Comments:

  • What a beautiful dress & very cut model! I have just started learning to knit and am a million miles from anything so complicated!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:09 PM  

  • Beautiful! ... the dress, the little girl, and the Grandma ... :-)

    By Blogger Bill Stearman, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home