N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Monday, March 02, 2009

I Guess Willie Was Right






I cannot believe how cold it is today especially after we were teased into believing an early spring might be in the books after the warm weather we had a couple of weeks ago. I felt pretty confident that the sheep would be able to be out after shearing last Saturday, but I was wrong. Instead, they are happily munching their hay in a nice warm barn. I was really pleased with the quality of the fleeces this year and will be shipping them off to the mill this week to be made into rovings. A few of the fleeces were badly matted as the girls really started to shed early this season, so I didn't get much brown or black. The fleece from my shetland mule I purchased last summer from Bill Stearman, had a fleece equal in handle to my purebred BFL ram. Of course lambs will not be far off and I have lots to look forward to. My little granddaughter is growing like a weed and gives me much pleasure. Enjoy the pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home