N-Ewes from Hopeful Shetlands

Friday, July 04, 2008

Good-Bye Bridget


Yesterday I lost two sheep to a coyote attack. I spotted Bridget lying in the middle of the pasture and as I went out to get her, Celeste ran screaming up to me with only two of her three lambs. We found most of it over by the fence. We have been very fortunate with all of the electric fences and Rueben on guard, our sheep losses have been nil and duck losses way down since having a guard dog, but this was sad because it always seems to be the pets that go missing. Here is a photo of Bridget with one of her daughters taken last week, Farwell

1 Comments:

  • Hi Michelle - so sorry to hear about the loss of your sheep. It's always hardest when it's the pets too.
    And sorry about the spammers on your
    blog - I've had to resort to moderating my blog comments to get rid of them.

    By Blogger Tammy W., at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home